We’ve rounded up a list of 6 simple smoothie recipes for you to try out. Although the winter is on it’s way in South Africa, there’s never been a better time to create some healthy smoothies. Plus, you need nutrients and vitamins to stay healthy this winter.
We’ve got 6 simple smoothie recipes that you can follow to create amazing, mouth-watering smoothies. These recipes are simple and easy to follow.
Some tips that will make them even better:
- When the recipe says “frozen fruit,” try your best to freeze the fruit beforehand. This gives the smoothie a refreshing taste.
- Consume the smoothies immediately or on the same day. These smoothies are the best tasting once you’ve finished preparing them. Avoid storing them in the fridge for the entire week. Oh and serve them chilled.
- Share and tag us using @shelfsquad.co on Instagram or Facebook. Yes, we love seeing our creations come to life and being used by others. (Plus, we know you love taking pics of your food, so why not tag us).
- Try to use fresh fruit that you’ve bought less than a day ago. We want to have the best end product and to have the best end product we need the best ingredients.
- Try to use a high speed blender to make the preparation process quick and easy.
Ok so let’s get blending…
Pineapple Coco Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
The first one on our list of easy and quick smoothie recipes is this one.
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- Half a lemon, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- One can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 2 cups of ice
Just blend all of the ingredients together in a blender and enjoy!
Grape and Broccoli Smoothie Recipe
Want to be strong like Popeye? Then try this one out! Broccoli may not be your favourite food to consume, but the grapes give this smoothie a sweet taste while still ensuring you get some awesome nutrients in for the day.
- One banana (halved)
- A cup of almond milk
- A cup of broccoli florets
- One cup of seedless green grapes
Blend all of the ingredients and enjoy!
Blueberry and Banana Smoothie Recipe
Feel free to add some oats with this one, but we found that it’s perfect just the way it is.
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 ½ cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups of frozen bananas
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of syrup
In a blender combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. So easy and simple!
Strawberry and Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
Feel free to substitute the vanilla essence with rose water, if you can manage to find it.
- One cup of strawberries, chilled
- One cup of cold milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ¼ cup of strawberry yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
Wash the strawberries and hull them (i.e. remove the green stems), then place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Voila!
Peanut Butter Cinnamon Smoothie Recipe
Everyone loves peanut butter, so we can absolutely agree that you’ll go crazy about this one!
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk, you could replace it with almond milk too
- 1 large banana, halved
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of syrup
- 3 ice cubes
Lemon Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana, halved
- 1 ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of oats
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¾ cups almond milk
As simple as, throwing the ingredients in the blender and blending the them.
Well, that was easy right? Feel free to tag us in your posts using @shelfsquad.co.
Who knows? You may get featured on our social media and become instantly internet famous.
Just remember us when you are famous, OK?